Welcome to Beautiful NYC!
When I landed in Manhattan, I stood on a subway platform for half an hour to just absorb & watch.
I learned about simple movement protocol.
Had no idea how to use a Metro Card!
Hope these things will help you enjoy visiting New York:
- Two types of Metro cards: One charges per swipe for everyone. The other gives one person unlimited for a duration
- Allow people to exit first
- Take backpacks off and hold by your legs
- Ask anyone for advice! - New Yorkers are trained to look private due to pan handlers...We crave to be helpful & nice
- Steer clear of empty cars - Something foul may be inside
- Have something to avoid eye contact with donation seekers
- Keep hand sanitizer on hand after the trip
- When you get to the street - Smart phone maps may not work...Ask us! Anyone walking a dog is a given
- Check out this SNL spoof on subway performers!! Too Funny!